Monthly Union dues for active Journeymen and Apprentices are $35 a month. Retired members pay a reduced rate that is determined by what year the member retired.
At the direction of the International Union, Starting January 1, 2022 monthly Union Dues will be increased to $37 a month. If you have previously paid your dues for January 2022 and beyond the $2 for each month will need to be paid as well.
It is each member’s responsibility to keep their dues paid up to date. There is a 60-day grace period for paying dues.
If dues go unpaid for more than 60 days, the member will be suspended and removed from the jobsite/out of work list until a readmission fee has been paid.
Pay Your Union Dues Online
Local 22 now accepts online payments through PayPal. Members can use either a credit card or their PayPal account to process payment. Please note: There is a small convenience fee charged through PayPal.
If you do not receive an email confirmation with a receipt after paying, there was an error and your payment has not been processed.
Here’s how to pay your dues online:
- Click the dues payment button below or on the Local 22 App.
- Follow instructions for choosing your payment method.
- Total Balance Owed is the minimum amount you will be allowed to pay. Any amount the member inputs in the empty field box will be in addition to the balance owed.
- When checking out, choose Personal not Service.
- This is a safe and secure process. Our IT and Cyber Security provider specifically targeted and secured these pages on our website to protect your privacy. Some devices (mostly androids) may receive an alert/message stating that the connection or our website is unsecure. If you do receive this message just click the appropriate button to continue connecting.
Other Ways to Pay Your Union Dues
- In person: Pay via cash, check, or money order at the Union Hall during regular business hours. Make all checks and money orders payable to Local 22.
- Dropbox: If the Union Hall is closed you may put your payment in the drop box located to the right of the front doors at the Union Hall. Put cash, check, or money order and your union book in a sealed envelope. Receipt and stamped book will be mailed to address on file.
- By mail: Mail your Payment to the Union Hall at 35 Highland Avenue, Malden, MA 02148. Receipt and stamped book will be mailed to address on file.
Questions? Contact us.